Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Omigosh! I'm 30!

I am now officially 30!

I can't thank God enough for giving me another year to enjoy this maze-like adventure called life.

My gratitude overflows when I think of my parents. They did a good job in raising me. I practically owe them my life and I will forever sing praises of their unconditional love and sacrifces. When I started earning my keep, I appreciate them more than ever. I know it's not easy having five (5) children, feeding them with the most nutritious, if not delicious, meals, sending them to school and all. More so, on my part, they even spent additional bucks for me to finish law school. I can go on and on and on with incredible and amazing things that happened to my life because of my parents but this is supposed to be a short post. With their constant guidance and a little verbal spanking once in a while, I couldn't complain anymore. One of my birthday wishes is for my parents to have a long and healthy life. And the realization of a simple, modest house in their retirement piece of earth in Bohol. Fresh air, sea breeze, fresh seafoods, fruit-bearing trees, lots of pet cats in the backyard or perhaps one big dog, that senior citizen sort of happiness and fulfillment.

I'm now 30. That fact starts sinking in while I'm writing this and not thinking much. Just a short piece of appreciation and typing what comes to my mind... word after word, like a creative Tourette's.

So, here I am, waiting for the man (oh yes I've met him already and he's mine and mine alone) and spend my birthday with no definite plans. Hahaha! Last night, I thought of whipping up a good pasta but I suddenly remember that the man (who sometimes acts and feels like a first grader) is not a big fan of Italian fare. Okay. So allow me to thank him - the man - for making me happy since May 19, 2009 or two weeks prior to that date. Fast forward to June 24, 2009 when I truly made a vow to myself and the universe that this is it. The angels of love must have heard my constant wish ever since I became aware of romantic love. The angels gifted me with a wonderful man, someone who will be with me and hold my hands as I traverse the challenging trails of life and grow old with. Did I just say that?! Hahaha! From the deepest caverns of my heart, I thank you. I pray that we will always hold hands through thick and thin. Mushiness be damned. 

Of course, to the four people (make it five to include the nephew) whom I share my genes with (a.k.a. siblings), I wish you all the success. I'm the firstborn so I know by heart what their capabilities are and I can genuinely say they will make it. Nobody promised us that life is an easy breeze, so be strong. Be the own captains of your ships and souls and be the most dedicated Florence Nightingale(s) ever with, of course, prosperous lives! 

Thank you, Lord. I see no need to enumerate all my wishes since You know them already. They are mostly unselfish so I will not doubt anymore. I can make it.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday!
    How great that you are taking advantage of such a special occasion to appreciate how far you've come and who helped you get here.

    ReplyDelete