Sunday, October 3, 2010

Akap by Imago

The first song that pops out when I hit shuffle.

A line goes - bakit mahirap sumabay sa agos? 

These are my thoughts:

1) This is one of my emo songs way, way back. I had a huge crush on this guy and we had intelligent conversations every night. Conversations that would boil down to one thing - who can outwit who? The thought made me smile. I had goosebumps in my nape. Damn stupid things when a woman is in love. A thick book in my lap, a potential stiff neck, pink and neon green highlighters running out of ink. Oh. My. All together now: eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!  Those were the days.

2) The voice behind this emo song is Aia de Leon. I saw her circa 2006 in a hippie-filled, bohemian-inspired bar in Malate. Forgot the name. Was it Penguin? I certainly couldn't remember now. A friend even asked me to take a pic of her and Aia. Idol thingie.

3) Love the MTV of this song. What has gotten to me? I used to curse that I was too immature for love back then. Now, all those things are simply wonderful. I can say, "Yes, I did that." BTDT.


No comments:

Post a Comment